Apparel Trunk Show
Saturday 9/9, 10 am - 8 pm
Sat. 9/9, all day from 10 am - 8 pm, join us for our 3rd Apparel Trunk Show! Come try on an assortment of fall tops, leggings, camis, outerwear, and socks, all Organic Cotton, and all handmade by artisans working with the fair trade organization Maggie's Organics. Plus we’ll have activities planned throughout the day!
Dust off your lederhosen and tune up your yodel for this year’s Oktoberfest! McKinney Oktoberfest is a family favorite, offering authentic German music, food and drink, traditional costumes, dancing, children’s activities and much more. The “bier garden” covers a total of 14 blocks throughout McKinney’s Historic Downtown square so you can enjoy all downtown McKinney has to offer!
2017 Nativity Unveiling Party
Saturday 10/7, 1:30-3 pm
Be the first to select from this year’s new nativities and ornaments at our Nativity Unveiling Party! Several different countries and materials will be represented. Nativity enthusiasts and their families are invited to attend, come-and-go from 1:30 pm - 3 pm. Light refreshments and holiday snacks will be provided!
Safari Shopping Night
Wednesday August 9, 5-8 pm
You are invited to explore Downtown McKinney with us! Grab your besties and join us Wednesday, August 9th for a fun Safari Shopping night on the square. At Fair & Square we'll have a "Team Elephant vs. Team Giraffe Contest," plus safari themed cocktail & 10% off for all Safari night shoppers. Sip, shop & enter to win 1 of 4 "Swag Bags" worth over $100 each! The event is 5-8 pm, come and go.
About The Flashlight Project
The Flashlight Project is a group of passionate people committed to ending sexual slavery in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.
1. Connection: The Flashlight Project puts outreach posters with their hotline number in medical exam rooms so that victims may know how to get help. The poster is in English and translated into six languages. Mosaic Family Services answers the hotline with trained staff who speak many different languages.
2. Identification: The Flashlight Project helps police departments identify sex trafficking victims by providing outreach materials in English, Spanish, Korean, Chinese, Thai, Tagalog, and Russian.
3. Restoration: The Flashlight Project work with area shelters where victims regain control over their lives and rebuild their futures with dignity.
Sat. 4/29, all day from 10 am – 8 pm, come try on an assortment of summer dresses, tops & skirts, all handmade in Ghana by women working with the fair trade organization Global Mamas. Plus we’ll have activities planned throughout the day!
At 2 PM on Saturday, October 8, a curtain will drop at Fair & Square Imports revealing all the new 2016 Nativity Sets acquired from artisans all over the world. If you are a seasoned collector or just starting out, you won't want to miss the opportunity to add a uniquely crafted creche to your collection.
Nativity enthusiasts and their families are invited to attend this festive, hour-long event. We will feature goodie bags filled with fair trade holiday treasures, Christmas snacks, door prizes for Country Club members, games and fun prizes! Stick around afterwards to shop and dine in Downtown McKinney!
CURRENT SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
- 2 PM: Curtain is dropped revealing all the 2016 Nativity sets and ornaments. Goodie Bags given to the first 20 households attending the event. Enjoy yummy treats while shopping for your next nativity.
- 2:15-2:45 PM: Games
- Nativity Scavenger Hunt with prize upon successfully finding all the pieces to the Nativity.
- Gift Opening Game
- 2:45 PM: Drawing for those attending the event who are or have signed up to be a member of our "Country Club."
- 3 PM Event wraps up. Stick around—we're open until 9 pm for Divine & Wine!
Come to Historic Downtown McKinney for a FREE Three-day Festival! Fair & Square will be open during all festival hours, plus we'll have a booth of dozens of bolga baskets in the "Marktplatz" by the North East festival entrance!
- Friday, September 23, 4 to 11 p.m.
- Saturday, September 24, 10 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Sunday, September 25, Noon to 5 p.m.