Sat. 4/29, all day from 10 am – 8 pm, come try on an assortment of summer dresses, tops & skirts, all handmade in Ghana by women working with the fair trade organization Global Mamas. Plus we’ll have activities planned throughout the day!
About The Flashlight Project
The Flashlight Project is a group of passionate people committed to ending sexual slavery in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.
1. Connection: The Flashlight Project puts outreach posters with their hotline number in medical exam rooms so that victims may know how to get help. The poster is in English and translated into six languages. Mosaic Family Services answers the hotline with trained staff who speak many different languages.
2. Identification: The Flashlight Project helps police departments identify sex trafficking victims by providing outreach materials in English, Spanish, Korean, Chinese, Thai, Tagalog, and Russian.
3. Restoration: The Flashlight Project work with area shelters where victims regain control over their lives and rebuild their futures with dignity.
At 2 PM on Saturday, October 8, a curtain will drop at Fair & Square Imports revealing all the new 2016 Nativity Sets acquired from artisans all over the world. If you are a seasoned collector or just starting out, you won't want to miss the opportunity to add a uniquely crafted creche to your collection.
Nativity enthusiasts and their families are invited to attend this festive, hour-long event. We will feature goodie bags filled with fair trade holiday treasures, Christmas snacks, door prizes for Country Club members, games and fun prizes! Stick around afterwards to shop and dine in Downtown McKinney!
CURRENT SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
- 2 PM: Curtain is dropped revealing all the 2016 Nativity sets and ornaments. Goodie Bags given to the first 20 households attending the event. Enjoy yummy treats while shopping for your next nativity.
- 2:15-2:45 PM: Games
- Nativity Scavenger Hunt with prize upon successfully finding all the pieces to the Nativity.
- Gift Opening Game
- 2:45 PM: Drawing for those attending the event who are or have signed up to be a member of our "Country Club."
- 3 PM Event wraps up. Stick around—we're open until 9 pm for Divine & Wine!
Come to Historic Downtown McKinney for a FREE Three-day Festival! Fair & Square will be open during all festival hours, plus we'll have a booth of dozens of bolga baskets in the "Marktplatz" by the North East festival entrance!
- Friday, September 23, 4 to 11 p.m.
- Saturday, September 24, 10 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Sunday, September 25, Noon to 5 p.m.